There are regular ferry links from Faaborg to the islands of Bjørnø, Lyø, Avernakø and Ærø.
The chancel and three-sided east gable were completed in 1490, the nave and southern aisle followed around 1510 and a northern aisle was added shortly thereafter.After its vaulting in 1681, it resembled a basilica. Faaborg Museum holds one of Denmark's most important art collections with works by the Funen Painters including Jens Birkholm, Peter Hansen, Johannes Larsen, and Anna and Fritz Syberg. Kennenlernen zusammen getrennt It also displays some of the finest works of sculptor Kai Nielsen.Located on a promontory surrounded by water on three sides, the site was further protected by a moat and a town wall.Around 1477, a monastery was established which over the years acquired most of the property in the town and its surroundings.
You date Faaborg-Midtfyn
It is a deed of gift that gives Faaborg and the south of Funen as a morning present to Eleanor of Portugal, from Valdemar II to his daughter-in-law.Although it is not known when the settlement was established, it appears Faaborg had already received privileges as a market town in the 13th century.Growth was more modest in the 20th century in the face of competition from Odense and Svendborg. A few new industries emerged in food processing and metal working but tourism and services became the leading areas of growth. Plougs Gård on Vestergade, built around 1790, is one of the finest buildings in the town with its Neoclassical facade.Faaborg was formerly the seat of Faaborg municipality. Both municipalities use(d) Faaborg's medieval coat of arms.